Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Legacy?

Hi everyone - we are going to be looking at what your legacy is when it comes to this life and Jesus. That being the case, here are a few questions:
What do you think of when you hear the word "Legacy"
What do you hope to be remembered for when your life has passed?
Whose opinion do you put too much stock into and why?

Here is the text we are looking...leave any thoughts, comments or illustrations that connect to you in the comments too:)

1 This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed. 2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of people’s hearts. At that time each will receive their praise from God. 

3 comments:

  1. I think it interesting that the definition of legacy is "things" handed down through the generation. The world sees legacy materialistically for the most part. But here, legacy is "the mysteries of God" being past on through the faithful. Both legacies, the world view and the spiritual view take commitment and focus and a determination that goes beyond caring about what other people think of you once you've decided what you want to pass on. If it's riches you want to pass on, you'll amass them in any way possible. An estate, etc. I think it interesting that Paul understands humanities need to gossip and speculate about motives so he states "here's how you should be thinking about us - we're servants of Christ".
    more comments later...off to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree kim, very good point about the different views in legacy...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice austin - I love the "little Christs" thing...I think I will work that in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete