Sunday, January 15, 2012

Collective Knowledge

Recently I was thinking about the awesomeness of Wiki knowledge and realized that the very ways in which we think and process information have fundamentally changed in the last decade (I believe for the better). Now we are able to access more information than ever before at a fraction of the time it used to take. This is all possible because we realized that "experts" did not necessarily hold the keys to the cosmic warehouse of wisdom and knowledge.

That being said, I think theology and theological thinking (thoughts about God) needs to update their software to match the hardware we are all using. I want this space to be open for us to dialogue about thoughts on God and to shape the thinking of Kairos (our church plant) by forming and writing sermons together. While I may be the one usually giving the sermon when Sunday morning roles around, I hope that it is a culmination of a lot of different thoughts and experiences from conversations I am having we others - both on here and in real time.

So, if you have thoughts about the subject, text, illustration or if you have been doing some studying about the upcoming weekend's portion of the Bible we are looking at - post it. I will try to start a new post for the upcoming week on Mondays.

I look forward to seeing this work out.

p.s. You do not have to be a part of Kairos to post here, you just have to be sincere:)

No comments:

Post a Comment