Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Patient Anticipation

Here is the idea...

We focus too much on the short term...not paying any attention to the fact that we will live in "heavenly bodies"...sex is a temporary thing...how can we anticipate what will be?

Question 1: When was a time you anticipated something? What was it?
Question 2: When was a time you experienced peace...what was it and how long did it last?

1 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 
2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 
7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.
God has called us to live in peace
1 Corinthians 7:1-2, 7 

3 comments:

  1. For about a week now, I have been anticipating a call from the college to tell me they want to hire me! I realize this is short term anticipation, however, very real! I remember in the job I used to have, we bid on contracts that were up to 5 years in the future. As the years progressed, I began working on the projects I had a hand in winning the bid! It was very satisfying, especially when I was able to see how the team and I were able to predict 5 years into the future and have it be correct!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi noah, just wanted to say again i thought you did a great job with today's message.

    ReplyDelete