Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

In the words of the great philosopher Heraclitus: "change is the on constant" or "nothing is unchanging except change". Boy have I realized this over the past several years. If I think back four years ago I was a single, college student making minimum wage and working 3 jobs to get by. Flash forward a few years and I am married, have two kids, a house, I finished school and now I'm at a new church...I feel that my life is the living definition of "change". While I used to fear and loathe change (moving 8 times in 11 years can have that affect on a person), however the longer I've lived in the light of the Cross and the more I understand and practice faith and discerning the voice of God, the more comfortable I am with change.

In case this is news to the reader, check here. I recently resigned from the Desert Vineyard in order to take a job at Horizon Community Church in East Palmdale because Jaimie is working there and I felt a clear directing for us to be together. So far I have only worked two official days there, but so far it is feeling like home. I love the people, the vision, the location...I totally believe that God has led (or driven) me there. I don't feel free to divulge all of the details yet, but at the risk of sounding cryptic I will simply say that there have been divine encounters with big red signs pointing in this direction.

While telling the students at DVY I was leave has been one of the hardest things I've ever done, I haven't been emotional or nostalgic nor have I felt a sense of remorse or regret. I can only attribute this to the fact that God is the driving wind in my sails. If this was a move of uncertainty or frustration it would be froth with heartache - after all I am a fairly sentimental person and leaving a church I've spent what seems like my entire life in is a situation that would warrant nostalgia. So I write this simply to stay...I feel the peace of God in my life in a new way...a way previously inexperienced. When following the will of the Lord through faith is the guiding force in your life, uncomfortable situations turn into opportunities for adventure and experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment